Monday, July 13, 2015

Vegas TPT 2015

The TPT conference is Vegas was amazing!
I learned so much!



Here are a couple of insights -

1.  The staff at TPT is amazing, they've hired 50 new employees just this year!


2.  TPT is going international!  There were attendees from all over the world.  Sales are increasing globally!


3.  Working with other sellers and collaborating helps grow your store and TPT as a whole.


Here are some tips for your trip to TPT 2016 - 

1.  Stay at the hotel or a very close one.  Teachers were happy with the Venetian and Treasure Island across the street.  I stayed farther away to save money.  I will not do that again!

2.  Bring lip balm, moisturizer, and a water bottle.  It's essential to stay hydrated!

3.  Print out the handouts and bring them in a binder.  This makes life much easier and more organized.

4.  Having a computer or device at the conference is helpful.  There was free wi-fi.

5.  There is an app to help you find your way around the Venetian - it is huge!  

6.  Make buttons, business cards, a tote bag etc. with your store logo.

7.  Go with a friend and take opposite classes, share what you've learned.  There are so many great classes, you will not be able to do everything!

8.  Mingle and make new friends - I need to improve in this area!



The morning message visitors came with me to Vegas.  They also had a great time!  #TPTVisitors  #TPTVegas2015


Hope to see you at the conference in 2016!

Adele @ Smart Teaching







4 comments:

  1. I definitely need to do better at mingling and meeting new people, too! I am an introvert, so I was SUPER overwhelmed. I was able to go to the conference with some friends I had made in Facebook groups, and I am so thankful! We did just what you said - had a debriefing session on Saturday about our big take aways from different sessions. It was so great to be able to process together. Also, we stayed at the Palazzo, and it was fantastic! Since we shared a room and had the discounted rate, we each only paid $65 per night. I think that is totally reasonable given how fancy the hotel room was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent tips! I went to the Walgreens to get water bottles. I brought water to all the sessions. helped me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent tips! I went to the Walgreens to get water bottles. I brought water to all the sessions. helped me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to make it next year, these tips will be super helpful!

    ReplyDelete